1. For the safety measurement of the internal resistance of a 25-0-25 mA meter, a laboratory multimeter whose sensitivity is equal to ?
a) 1k ohm/volt can be used b) 10 k ohm/volt can be used c) 100 k ohm/volt can be used d) 200 k ohm/volt can be used
2. In order to measure moisture in wood the most suitable method is ?
a) Electrical conduction b) Electrical ? capacitive c) Absorption of radiation d) Equilirium- moisture vs humidity
3. The flow rate of electrically conducting liquid without any suspended particle cannot be measured by ?
a) turbine flow meters b) electromagnetic flow meters c) ultrasonic flow meters d) thermistor based heat loss flow meters
4. The most useful transducer for displacement sensing with excellent sensitivity, linearity and resolution is ?
a) an incremental encoder b) an abosolute encoder c) LVDT d) a strain gauge
5. When variable reluctance type tachometer has 150 teeth on the rotor & the counter records 13,500 pulses per second then the rotational speed will be?
a) 4800 rpm b) 5400 rpm c) 6000 rpm d) 7200 rpm.
6. On a voltage scale, zero dB m in a 600-ohm system could refer to ?
a) 1.732 V b) 1.0 V c) 0.7746 V d) 0.5V
7. One of the following devices which is required in addition in order to measure pressure using LVDT is-
a) strain gauge b) pitot tube c) Bourden tube d) Rotameter
8. It is required to measure temperature in the range of 13000 C to 15000 c) The most suitable thermocouple to be used as a transducer would be ?
a) chromel - constantan b) Iron - constantan c) chromel - alumel d) platinum- rhodium
9. In a CSI if frequency of output voltage is f Hz, then frequency of input voltage to CSI is-
a) f b) 2 f c) f/2 d) 3 f
10. Identify the type of chipper in the given circuit
a) Type A chopper b) Type B chopper c) Type C chopper d) Type D chopper
11. Maximum value of charging resistance in an UJT is associated with-
a) peak point b) valley point c) any point between peak and valley d) after the valley point
12. Thyristor A has rated gate current of 2A and thyristor B a rated gate current of 100 mA-
a) A is a GTO and B is a conventional SCR b) B is a GTO and A is a conventional SCR c) B may operate as a transistor d) none of the above
13. In a 3 phase full converter, the output voltage during overlap is equal to-
a) zero b) source voltage c) source voltage minus the inductance drop d) average value of the conducting phase voltages
14. Mark old the correct statement for Cycloconverters-
a) step-down Cycloconverter (CC) works on natural commutation b) step up CC requires no forced commutation c) load commutated CC works on line commutation d) none of the above
15. In the RF amplifier stage cascade (CE-CB) amplifier is used because it gives-
a) Large voltage gain b) Low output impedance c) Large isolation between the input and the output d) None of the above
16. Silicon diode is less suited for low voltage rectifier operation because-
a) it can withstand high temperature b) ensures low PIV of the diodes c) ensures lower values of capacitance in the filter d) reduces ripple content
17. An amplifier of class A is that in which -
a) Base is biased to cut ? off b) Ic flows most of the time c) Ie flows all the time d) Vc often raises to Vcc
18. A transistor is in active region when-
a) IB = bIC b) IC=bIB c) IC=IE d) IC=IB
19. For coupling purposes in RF amplifier a buffer amplifier is used because it provides-
a) Maximum loading and minimum mismatch b) Minimum loading and minimum mismatch c) Maximum loading and maximum mismatch d) Minimum loading and maximum mismatch
20. A transistor has CE parameter as hie = 10kW, hre =20 x 10-4 , hse = 100, hoe = 25 ms. The hib for this transistor will be-
a) 100 W b) 99.01 W c) 5m W d) 101kW
21. An FM radio receiver is tuned to a 90.6 MHz broadcast station. It will receive an image frequency of -
a) 110 MHz b) 112 Hz c) 114 MHz d) 120 MHz
22. In the given fig RL is shorted out, then VCE will become-
a) OV b) VCC ? IBRB c) Equal to VCC d) None of the above
23. See the circuit shown and choose the correct option ?'
a) Only red will glow b) Only green will glow c) Both red and green will glow d) Neither red nor green will glow
24. A dc to dc converter having an efficiency of 80% is delivering 16W to a load) If the converter is generating an output of 200V from an input source of 20V, then the current drawn from the source will be ?
a) 0.1A b) 0.5A c) 1.0A d) 10.0A
25. A transistor is operated as a non-saturated switch to eliminate ?
a) storage time b) turn ? off time c) turn ? on time d) delay time
Be the first one to comment on this Placement Paper